ACTION EQUIPMENT NEWS
ACTION EQUIPMENT- NEW BRANCH LOCATION COMING SOON TO THE FLORIDA KEYS
MARATHON, FL – Action Equipment is looking forward to opening its 18th branch in Marathon, FL. Action hopes to better serve the Florida Keys community.
The Action Marathon team is led by our experienced Operations Manager Max Pennekamp, who is a Florida Keys native. His plan for success includes “making Action one with the Keys and a one-stop-shop for all equipment needs.”
Mr. Pennekamp added, “Whether they are a local contractor or in town for a job, we will have the best equipment and fastest service they will get anywhere in the Keys. We are there to help the community grow and provide the equipment to them to make all their work possible.” Mr. Pennekamp has been with Action since April 2019 with previous sales and managerial experience at the Miami and Hollywood branch.
ACTION EQUIPMENT HOLDINGS NAMES CHUCK CONNER REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
MIAMI, FL - Action Equipment welcomes Chuck Connor as Regional Vice President of Operations.
Mr. Connor has been with the company since January 2020 and has added significant value to Action by leading the Southeast Regional team.
With 25 years of experience in the Southeast Region, Mr. Connor will successfully work to improve the customer experience as well as operational efficiencies for Action Equipment.
ACTION EQUIPMENT NAMES ERIC GOODEN PRESIDENT OF ATLANTA SOUTH LOCATION
ATLANTA, GA – Action Equipment is excited to name Eric Gooden as President of Action Rentals Atlanta South location.
Eric has served as Operations Manager and Interim President for one of Action’s newest branches, located at 4255 Highway 42, Conley, GA 30288. Mr. Gooden has been responsible for the startup and outstanding Action Quality Service to all of our customers in the Atlanta Market.
ACTION EQUIPMENT INVITES LOCAL COMMUNITY TO THE GRAND OPENING OF IT’S 17TH LOCATION- ACTION MARIETTA/CARTERSVILLE
CARTERSVILLE, GA - Action Equipment held a “Grand Opening” event to invite the local community to visit the new location and meet the Branch President, Darby Bryant.
The event featured demos by Wacker Neuson and Loftness, a silent auction, a guided tour of the facility, raffles and a complimentary lunch with desserts for all guests that joined the Marietta/Cartersville team.
ACTION EQUIPMENT CELEBRATES THE OFFICIAL GRAND OPENING OF ITS 16TH LOCATION- ACTION NEW ORLEANS
SLIDELL, LA – Action Equipment is excited to announce the official grand opening of its 16th branch located at 400 Garrett Road. Slidell, LA 70458; just half an hour away from the “The Big Easy” New Orleans, LA.
Pensacola’s Branch President Kevin Payton is serving as the Interim President for the new branch and has successfully led the New Orleans team throughout the start-up process.
ACTION EQUIPMENT HOLDINGS NAMES DAVID SOLER SOUTH FLORIDA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
MIAMI, FL - Action Equipment announced David Soler’s promotion from General Service Manager to South Florida Regional Vice President.
Mr. Soler has played an integral role in the development and growth of Action Equipment since 2014. He first served as a Field Service Technician, later took over as Branch Service Manager after acquiring his business degree from FIU, and was later promoted to General Service Manager. He is also a Marine Corps Veteran and served our country for eight years.
ACTION EQUIPMENT HOLDINGS NAMES RONNIE SIMS PRESIDENT OF WEST PALM BEACH BRANCH
WEST PALM BEACH, FL - Action Equipment announced Ronnie Sims’ promotion from Tampa Sales Manager to President of the West Palm Beach branch.
Mr. Sims has been with the company since 2019 and has played an integral role in the development and growth of Action Equipment throughout the years.
With 21 years of experience in many facets of the construction equipment industry, Mr. Sims will successfully continue to build the Action brand and expand our rental, sales, service and parts offerings through exceptional customer service.
ACTION EQUIPMENT FEATURED ON WORLD'S GREATEST
Action Equipment was featured on “World’s Greatest!…” network television series produced by How2Media. Action Equipment’s segment aired twice in April 2020.
“World’s Greatest!...” is a thirty-minute show dedicated to highlighting the world’s greatest companies, products, places, and people. Each show is a fast-paced tour around the world featuring behind the scenes footage, informative interviews, and exciting visuals. As part of the show, How2Media sent a film crew to spend time at two of our Action locations in Miami and Jacksonville, Florida to find out what the story behind the story is, as well as to show the viewers why Action Equipment was selected as the best in their category.
ACTION EQUIPMENT HOLDINGS SELECTED TO GATOR100
GAINESVILLE, FL - Action Equipment was named to the University of Florida's 2020 Gator100 during a ceremony on February 28 at the Exactech Arena at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center.
The Gator100 recognizes the 100 fastest-growing businesses owned or led by UF alumni. Ernst & Young calculated each company's compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the past three years to generate the ranking.
Action Equipment was ranked #33 with a CAGR of 53.6%.
Action's Gator Leader and CEO Bruno-Elias Ramos, graduated from the University of Florida in 1985 with a Master of Architecture Degree, and looks forward to the continued growth and success of the company.
ACTION EQUIPMENT HOLDINGS AND MAGNI EXPANDS THEIR DEALERSHIP AGREEMENT THROUGHOUT FLORIDA AND OTHER STATES
LAS VEGAS, NV – Action Equipment and Magni continue their dealership agreement throughout Florida and announce that it will also expand its Magni fleet into Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama. Action will now also carry the newly released Magni TH 6.51 (a 51 meter / 167 ft., 6 metric ton telehandler) in Florida.
ACTION EQUIPMENT HOLDS SEMI-ANNUAL SALES MEETING DURING 2020 ARA SHOW IN ORLANO, FL
ORLANDO, FL – Action Equipment held its Semi-Annual Sales Meeting at the Orange County Convention Center to coincide with the team’s attendance at the 2020 ARA Show in Orlando, FL.
Branch Presidents, Vice Presidents, Managers, Sales Representatives, Marketing, Accounting, and Administrative team members were invited by CEO Bruno-Elias Ramos to join him at the rental industry event.
ACTION EQUIPMENT HOLDINGS ACQUIRES BRYANT VENTURES, LLC IN CARTERSVILLE, GA
CARTERSVILLE, GA - Action Equipment is proud to announce its first acquisition of Bryant Ventures, LLC D/B/A Action Rental All in Cartersville, GA.
The new location will continue to be operated by Mr. Darby Bryant as the new President of Action Equipment in Cartersville. The 16th location for Action Equipment in the Southeast will now expand to carry the full line of equipment and supplies offered at all Action Equipment locations.
ACTION EQUIPMENT LAUNCHES ACTION MAN/WOMAN CAMPAIGN
MIAMI, FL - Action Equipment launches the “ACTION MAN/WOMAN” campaign to highlight the men and women who trust Action Equipment to help them achieve their project and construction goals throughout the Southeast region.
Action Equipment offers weekly gift card giveaways to the Action men and women who help contribute to the campaign and dedicate a moment of their busy work days to show how ACTION is helping to shape the construction industry on site at a time.
ACTION EQUIPMENT HOLDINGS NAMES KEVIN PEYTON PRESIDENT OF PENSACOLA BRANCH
PENSACOLA, FL - Action Equipment welcomes Kevin Payton as President of the Pensacola branch.
With 23 years of experience in the construction equipment rental industry, Mr. Payton will continue to grow the Action brand and panhandle clientele with exceptional leadership and service. Mr. Peyton is also serving as the Interim President for the New Orleans location.
EXPANDING THROUGHOUT SOUTHEAST
The Action Team welcomes David Esposito as Action’s Vice President of Strategic Retail Sales Development.
Action Equipment gears up to expand in states like Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina.
6th ANNUAL CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT
Action Equipment hosts the 6th Annual Charity Golf Tournament and raises 80k to benefit the Centro Mater Children’s Foundation. Over 140 sponsors and players participated.
Action Equipment holds Semi-Annual Sales Meeting in Miami, FL.
Action Equipment becomes authorized dealer for Stihl equipment.
January – February 2019
FASTED GROWTH IN SOUTHEAST REGION
Action Equipment becomes the Southeast’s Premier Dealer.
The UF Alumni Association, in partnership with the UF Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center, awards Action Equipment with the #13 spot for the Gator 100 for the 2nd consecutive year. The Gator100 honors the 100 fastest-growing, Gator-owned or Gator-led businesses in the world.
Action Equipment opens its 12th location in Pensacola, FL
Action Equipment names Rick Amdahl as Action’s Small Tools and Equipment Specialist.
Action Equipment opens its 11th location in Hollywood, FL
November – December 2018
ACTION TAKES OVER THE PANHANDLE
Action Equipment premieres its 10th location AES (Action Equipment Service) branch in Tampa, FL.
Action Equipment hits record numbers in monthly sales.
ACTION EQUIPMENT SWEEPS 4 AWARDS
Action Equipment is nominated for 6 awards at the Wacker Neuson Connect 2018 Dealer Summit in Kohler, WI. Action Equipment was awarded for “Top 2018 Sales, Top Compact Equipment Sales, Top Overall Gulf Region Sales, and Most Improved Overall Sales.”
April - September 2018
NEW EQUIPMENT HEADS NORTH
Action becomes an official Bosch dealer in the Southeast region.
Action Equipment sponsors Vero Beach Air Show 2018 to benefit the Veteran’s Council and local exchange clubs.
- Paul Basile named President of Action Equipment Fort Myers.
Action Equipment opens its 9th location in Fort Myers, FL
Action Equipment welcomes Don Adkins as President for the Jacksonville branch.
Action Equipment takes the action to Northern Florida and opens its 8th location in Jacksonville, FL.
5th ANNUAL CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT
Action Equipment hosts the 5th Annual Charity Golf Tournament and raises over 62k to benefit the Centro Mater Children’s Foundation. Over 100 sponsors and players contributed to the cause.
January – February 2018
The UF Alumni Association, in partnership with the UF Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center, awards Action Equipment with the Gator 100. The Gator100 honors the 100 fastest-growing, Gator-owned or Gator-led businesses in the world.
- Action Equipment Service Trucks get a new look featuring digital camo and a vibrant display of Action Equipment.
- The Action team travels to New Orleans to participate at the ARA Rental Show 2018.
- Action Equipment attends World of Concrete 2018 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Action Equipment attends the AED 2018 Seminar in Las Vegas, NV.
- Action Equipment forms new service company, Action Fuel & Lube, to expand and better serve our growing clientele.
October – December 2017
EXPANDING TO 2 NEW LOCATIONS
- Action Equipment switches to a centralized billing system with Interstate Billing Services to better customer service and billing access.
- Wacker Neuson hosts VOC- Voice of Customer Excavator Event at the Vero Beach location.
- Jamie Beck named President of Action Equipment Vero Beach.
- Action Equipment opens its 7th location in Vero Beach, FL making Action the first big equipment rental company in the history of Indian River County.
- Action Equipment becomes an Authorized Dealer for Liebherr equipment in the Southeast.
- Action Rentals changes its brand to Action Equipment following its expansion to equipment sales.
- Action Rentals fleet increases to 3,300 units in inventory.
- Action Rentals becomes an authorized dealer for Husqvarna tools.
June – August 2017
E-COMMERCE GOES LIVE
Action Rentals E-commerce goes live and clients can now purchase small equipment and tools online.
Action Rentals becomes a member of Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association.
Action Rentals fleet increases to 2,700 units in inventory.
Action Rentals plans future expansions to service additional counties in Central Florida.
- Hanoy Leon Hevia named Branch Manager of Action Equipment Homestead.
Action Rentals opens its 6th location in Homestead, FL.
ACTION TAKES ORLANDO & MORE
Action Rentals becomes an authorized dealer for Magni Equipment highest reach and most advanced Telehandlers.
Action Rentals attends the CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2017 in Las Vegas, NV.
Action Rentals hosts the 4th Annual Charity Golf Tournament and raises over $40K to benefit the Centro Mater Children’s Foundation. Over 100 sponsors and players contributed to the cause, while celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with a full day of food, drinks and golf.
Action Rentals names David Church as President of Action Orlando Operations.
Action Rentals opens its 5th location in Orlando, FL.
January – February 2017
October – December 2016
TAMPA’S ON THE RISE
- Action Rentals Tampa fleet doubles in size since July’s Grand Opening.
Action Rentals promotes its Florida Corporate Client Program to benefit loyal members.
- Action Rentals Tampa provides the equipment necessary to unload a semi-truck carrying over 25 pallets packed with books in Hillsborough County, in an effort to promote literacy among Tampa Bay area students.
August – September 2016
SKYJACK JOINS ACTION
- Action Rentals becomes authorized dealer for Skyjack equipment.
June - July 2016
- Action Rentals inaugurates its 3rd location in Tampa, FL.
- Action rentals names Wade Bercaw as President of the Tampa branch.
April – May 2016
NEW LOCATIONS, NEW TEAMS
- Action Rentals plans expansion in Tampa and Orlando to cover the Central Florida market.
- Action Rentals names Luis Martinez as Manager of the Miami branch.
- Action rentals appoints David Soler as Service Manager of the Miami branch.
- Action Rentals Marketing develops email blasts to keep our customers up-to-date with Action news and events.
- Action Rentals creates in-house marketing department and welcomes Katherine Mas and Katty Ocando as Action’s Marketing Team.
January – March 2016
January – March 2016
ACTION RENTALS OPENS ARTSS
- Action Rentals names Robert Ackman President of ARTSS.
- Action Rentals sister company, Action Rentals Trench Shoring and Supply opens.
- Action Rentals sister company, Allied Rentals, which provides equipment with certified operators, opens its doors.
October – December 2015
- Action Rentals expands into rentals of small tools, excavators, skid steers and backhoes.
- Due to expanding market demand in South Florida, Action Rentals 2nd location in West Palm Beach, FL.
April – September 2015
WACKER AND STIHL JOIN ACTION
- Action Rentals becomes authorized dealer for STIHL in South Florida.
- Action Rentals expands fleet to meet industry demands.
- Action Rentals becomes authorized dealer for Wacker Neuson in South Florida.
January – March 2015
- Action Rentals hosts its 2nd Annual Charity Golf Tournament to benefit the Centro Mater Children’s Foundation. The Event generates $20,000.00 from sponsors and donations. Vendors and clients enjoy a full day of food, drinks and golf while showcasing new equipment.
April – December 2014
ACTION GIVES BACK
- Action Rentals hits over 1,000 units in inventory.
- Action Rentals hosts its 1st Annual Charity Golf Tournament to benefit the Centro Mater Children’s Foundation. The event generates $7,800.00 from sponsors and donations. Vendors and clients enjoy a full day of food, drinks, and golf while showcasing new equipment.
October – December 2013
GROWTH IN SOUTH FLORIDA
- Action Rentals expands fleet and team to keep pace with company’s growth in Miami, FL.
October – December 2012
- Action Rentals hits over 800 units in inventory.
July – September 2010
MIAMI DEMANDS ACTION
- Action Rentals hits over 600 units in inventory.
October – December 2009
- Action Rentals hits 400 units in inventory.
April – September 2009
GENIE JOINS ACTION
- Growth continues in the South Florida market.
- Action Rentals becomes authorized dealer for Genie equipment in South Florida.
January – June 2008
ACTION CELEBRATES FIRST YEAR
- Action Rentals celebrates its one year anniversary as an independent equipment rental company in South Florida.
- Action Rentals, announces the acquisition of another state-of-the-art delivery vehicle, supporting Action Rentals’ commitment to prompt response on all deliveries and service calls.
September- December 2007
NEWEST FLEET IN SOUTH FLORIDA
- CEO Bruno Elias Ramos announces Action Rentals’ commitment to maintain the newest fleet in South Florida.
- Action Rentals becomes an authorized dealer for JLG equipment.
- Action Rentals acquires over 100 new scissor lifts, making Action Rentals’ scissor lift fleet the newest in the industry.
ACTION’S GRAND OPENING
- Action Rentals, founded by brothers Bruno E. Ramos and Steve Ramos, opens first store in Miami, FL to service South Florida’s construction industry and more.